Senior Project Engineer
About Radisson Mining Resources Inc.
Radisson Mining Resources is a mining exploration company based in Rouyn-Noranda. The O’Brien project, intersected by the Larder-Lake-Cadillac regional fault, constitutes Radisson’s main asset. The project is host to the former O’Brien mine, considered to have been the main producer of high-grade gold in the Abitibi greenstone belt at the time of its production (1,197,147 metric tons at 15.25 g/t Au for 587,121 ounces of gold between 1926-1957; SLR Consulting-April 2023). The O’Brien project brings together, among others, the O’Brien and Kewagama properties which are the flagship assets (501,000 ounces in indicated resources and 450,000 ounces inferred MRE 43-101 SLR Consulting April 2023). Acquired in August 2020 the New Alger property allowed us to extend the O’Brien structure by 1.2 km and also to the south of the O’Brien gold structure. Radisson holds more than 5 km of one of the richest structures in Quebec as well as strong discovery potential in the Pontiac group host to several gold showings both in outcrop and intersected by drilling. A 10,000 meter drilling program is underway at the O’Brien project. We need to fill exploration geologist positions. We need to fill a Senior Project Engineer position.
Under the authority of the Vice-President Operations, you will have to support project exploration and development activities in terms of planning, design, execution and monitoring. You will need to ensure and maintain contacts with government and local authorities. In addition, you will be the first contact with engineering firms and contractors who will be associated with current but also future activities (underground exploration program among others)
As a member of the organization, you will participate in the continuous and sustainable improvement of your service and will ensure that you make decisions and take actions in line with the company’s business objectives.
The following personal skills are sought:
• Have concern for health and safety as a fundamental value;
• Be customer and results oriented;
• Have leadership and a strategic vision;
• Demonstrate a great ability to learn in the field;
• Have a good command of project management;
• Demonstrate perseverance;
• Have good self-control;
• Know how to develop the skills of your direct collaborators and your team.
- Level of study: Undergraduate university (Baccalaureate), Mining engineering or Geological engineering
- Canadian work permit
- Experience required: 3 to 5 years of experience
- Description of skills:
- Be part of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Have concern for health and safety as a fundamental value;
- Be customer and results oriented;
- Have leadership and a strategic vision
- Demonstrate a great ability to learn in the field;
- Have a good command of project management;
- Demonstrate perseverance;
- Have good self-control;
- Know how to develop the skills of your direct collaborators and your team.
Languages: Bilingual (English and French).
The O’Brien project is located in Rouyn-Noranda in the Cadillac district along Route 117
To be discussed
Group insurance plan:
After 3 months
Expected start date:
Radisson offers continuing training based on the needs of its staff